JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The above video of Doug Pederson was originally published Saturday following the Jaguars game against the K.C. Chiefs.
Jacksonville Jaguars Coach Doug Pederson is Coach of the Year. The first-year head coach led the team to an AFC South title and an appearance in an AFC Divisional Playoff. On Tuesday it was announced that Pederson is the AFC Coach of the Year for 2022 by the 101 Awards.
After finishing with the NFL's worst record in 2020 and 2021, the Jaguars finished this season with 9 wins and 8 losses. The Jaguars won their last five regular-season games and defeated the L.A. Chargers 31-30 in an AFC Wild Card Playoff game at TIAA Bank Field.
Kansas City Chiefs defeated the Jaguars in the AFC Divisional Playoff game at Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday.
About the award
Each full season since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, the 101 Awards have honored the top players and coaches of the year, making it the nation's longest-running awards event dedicated exclusively to the National Football League.
Other 101 Award winners are:
- AFC Offensive Player of the Year: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- NFC Offensive Player of the Year: Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- AFC Defensive Player of the Year: Chris Jones, DT, Kansas City Chiefs
- NFC Defensive Player of the Year: Nick Bosa, DE, San Francisco 49ers
- AFC Coach of the Year: Doug Pederson, Jacksonville Jaguars
- NFC Coach of the Year: Brian Daboll, New York Giants