The University of North Florida has unveiled a new program that will allow for working health care professionals to advance their education online.
UNF is expected to launch a new Executive Master of Health Administration (EMHA) graduate program in August.
The university says that the program is designed for health care workers that may not have time to take courses in a traditional classroom setting. By utilizing an online format, UNF says that their students can conveniently earn an advanced degree in order to help accelerate their career paths.
The program requires 30-credit hours, which can be completed in less than two years.
Admission requirements include:
- At least five years of health care experience
- Current employment in the health or human services field having/planning to have managerial or supervisory experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0
- A letter of interest and two letters of recommendation
- Allowances may be made when justified by exceptional work experience and letters of recommendation
The mission of the Department of Health Administration at UNF is to educate leaders, managers, policymakers and practitioners by creating and translating knowledge into policy and practice to improve the healthcare field.