The suspect in the deadly officer-involved shooting near San Juan and Lane Avenues has died, shortly after he was accused of kidnapping a 14-year-old girl..

Police said around 8:09 p.m., officers were dispatched to the Woods-Ortega Condominiums at 6925 Ortega Woods Drive to a kidnapping in progress. Investigators said a 14-year-old girl was sitting in her mom's car in the parking lot listening to music when a man with a bandana over his face approached the driver's side window with a gun and demanded money.

The man was identified as 20-year-old Robert E. Bracewell, a convicted felon who recently did time for armed burglary, possession of a weapon for a deliquent felon and breaking his probation, JSO said.

The girl told the Bracewell she didn't have any money, at which point the suspect pushed the teen over to the passenger side of the car and got in. Police said he then took off and drove about a mile before pushing the teen out of the vehicle.

Investigators said the car had tracking software in it, and police were able to track down the vehicle with the company's assistance. Two officers managed to block in the vehicle, at which point Bracewell got out with a handgun. Police said the suspect did not comply with commands to drop the weapon as he crossed the street.

Officers said Bracewell then turned his gun toward police, at which point two officers opened fire, striking the suspect 17 times. They rendered medical aid until paramedics arrived. Bracewell was taken to the hospital, where he later died from his injuries. Bracewell did not fire any rounds at officers, JSO said.

Photo of the gun carried by Robert Bracewell, the man who was shot and killed during an officer-involved shooting Monday. Police said he pointed the gun at officers, then two officers unloaded 17 bullets into him. Photo: JSO.

The officers involved were identified as B.L. Jester and B.J. Langston. Jester has been with JSO for two years, nine months while Langston has been working for JSO for three years seven months. JSO said this incident was their first officer-involved shooting.

They both are now on administrative leave while JSO investigates.

JSO said the 14-year-old girl was not harmed during the incident.