JACKSONVILLE, Fla — As the First Coast closely monitors Hurricane Isaias many counties have made sandbags available for residents. First Coast News will continue updating this story with sandbag locations as they become available.
Check out the list below to find a sandbag location near you.
- Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church in Flagler Beach - 915 North Oceanshore Blvd.
- Palm Coast Public Works Yard - 1 Wellfield Grade, Palm Coast
- Flagler Technical Institute
The sandbag locations will be open on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. The Inmate Work Crew will be onsite both days at the Flagler Technical Institute from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. or as long as the weather permits and sand is available. There is a limit of ten sandbags per household.
St. Johns County:
- Windswept Acres Park - 5335 SR A1A South.
- Sims Pit - 536 S. Holmes Boulevard.
- Hastings Community Center - 6195 S. Main Street, behind the building.
- Mills Field - 1805 Race Track Road, in the overflow parking area.
- Palm Valley - Under the Palm Valley Bridge on the east side of the Intracoastal Waterway.
- North Beach Park - 3721 Coastal Highway (at the walkover).
Update: The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office shared the following message on Twitter at 6:10 p.m. Saturday: "In preparation for Tropical Storm Isaias, all St. Johns County sand bag operations will close at 12 p.m. on Sunday, August 2. A maximum allocation of 20 bags per person will remain available ... while operations continue."
The sand and bags will be available starting Saturday from 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. then daily for the duration of the storm, or until conditions deteriorate and the operation must cease for the safety of the public and staff. For additional information, call (904) 824-5550.
The sand and the bags will be provided free of charge to residents. Residents must provide their own transportation and shovels, and will be responsible for filling their own bags. There is a maximum allocation of 20 bags per person.