With Hurricane Dorian leaving the First Coast, some institutions and organizations reopening after having been closed ahead of the storm. The openings and closings are broken down county-by-county:
For school cancellations and reopenings, read: LIST: First Coast school closures ahead of Hurricane Dorian
- All Baker County offices open
- City of Macclenny offices open
- If your normal Garbage pick-up is on Wednesday, garbage pick up will be on Thursday; Thursday pick up will move to Friday
A curfew will be imposed beginning Tuesday at 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. daily, until further notice, for all areas of Camden County east of I-95 for the areas that are under a mandatory evacuation due to Hurricane Dorian, we have not received official word that this has been lifed yet
Government offices open Thursday
- The Arc Jacksonville: The Arc Jacksonville will be open for all day programs on Thursday, September 5th. The Village will resume normal operations as well
- Baptist Medical Center Beaches: Will reopen at 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, with the Emergency Department among the first hospital units to open, along with labor & delivery, critical care, progressive care and medical/surgical units. A return to “business as usual” for scheduled surgical and procedural services will follow by Friday, Sept. 6 at 7 a.m. For a full list of Baptist Health hospital, outpatient, medical building and physician or clinic office openings, visit baptistjax.com/emergency-alert
- Duval County Courthouse and Duval County Clerk of Courts: Closed Wednesday, September 4 and Thursday, September 5 due to Hurricane Dorian. This includes both the Duval County Courthouse and the Clerk’s beaches branch at 1543 Atlantic Blvd. Jury service for those summonsed for Tuesday, September 3 has been canceled and will not be rescheduled. If you have any questions regarding your service please call our Jury Services office at (904) 255-2087 during normal business hours
- Duval County Online Foreclosure Auction: Cancelled for Thursday.
- Jacksonville Humane Society: Closed starting Wednesday, Sept. 4 and plans to reopened Thursday, Sept. 5. All hospital appointments and surgeries scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 3 and Wednesday, Sept. 4 are canceled. Cat yoga on Friday, Sept. 6 is canceled
- Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach are open but city officials are still advising residents to avoid the water
- Jacksonville International Airport: Most flights resume at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday. Check with your airline for the latest information
- Jacksonville Zoo: Open on Thursday at 9 a.m. with half-off admission
- JAXPORT terminals: JAXPORT is open
- JTA: JTA will resume normal transit operations on Thursday, Sept. 5, at regularly scheduled times
- The Museum of Science & History: Closed to the public on Thursday. Opening date TBA
- Naval Air Station Jacksonville (NAS Jax): All operations will resume full operations on Friday. The Navy Exchange and the commissary will open at 2 p.m. on Thursday
- St. Johns River Ferry: The St. Johns River Ferry is open.
- YMCA: All facilities open Thursday
- The Flagler Beach Pier: Closed on Tuesday. No word on reopening date
- Curfew in effect: Curfew has been lifted.
- Jekyll Island Authority: Offices and amenities closed until further notice. No official update yet.
- Sidney Lanier Bridge on US-17/SR-25 in Glynn County: Open
- Curfew in effect: Lifted
- Curfew in effect: for the Jekyll Island Causeway starting 8 p.m., Sept. 3.
- All courts: Closed until Friday, Sept. 6. All meetings for these entities closed through Thursday. No official update yet.
- Sea Island: Close at 12 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 3 until further notice. No official update yet.
- The Southeast Georgia Health System/Emergency Care Centers: All outpatient services, elective surgeries scheduled from Tuesday, Sept. 3 to Thursday, Sept. 5 canceled.
- Nassau County Baptist Medical Center: Will reopen Thursday, Sept. 5 at 3 p.m.
- McArthur Family YMCA: Open Thursday
- Curfew & Evacuations: Lifted
ST. JOHNS COUNTY
- City of St. Augustine Planning and Zoning Board Meeting: postponed until Tuesday, Oct. 1.
- Council on Aging: All COA offices, including Sunshine Bus, Paratransit, IMEP, Sunshine Center, Coastal Home Care and all five senior centers will be closed through Thursday, Sept. 5. Offices may reopen on Friday. depending on conditions after the storm
- St. Augustine Municipal Marina: Services suspended Monday, Sept. 2 until deemed safe. No update as of 7 a.m. Thursday
- Bridge of Lions: Open
- St. Johns County Courthouse and Clerk of Courts Office: Should be opening on Thursday
- St. Johns County Board of County Commissioners Meeting: rescheduled for Sept. 12 at 3:30 p.m
- St. Johns County Libraries: Due to the potential impacts from Hurricane Dorian, all St. Johns County libraries, bookmobiles, and book drops will be closed Thursday. Due dates will be extended and fines will not be incurred during the closure
- St. Johns County Parks and Recreation: All parks and facilities are closed starting Monday, Sept. 2, until further notice. No update as of Thursday
- YMCA -- Ponte Vedra Beach, St. Augustine: Open at noon on Thursday
- Curfew in effect: None
OTHER PARTS OF FLORIDA/GEORGIA:
- Talmadge Bridge in Savannah-Chatham County: Closed due to safety reasons, no update yet
- All courthouses in the 7th Circuit have reopened as of Thursday
- Florida State Forest Campgrounds: Certain Florida State Forest campgrounds remain closed through Thursday, Sept. 5:
- Cary State Forest, Nassau County: Cary State Forest Campground, Cary Youth Group Camp
- Charles H. Bronson State Forest, Seminole/Orange County: Charles H. Bronson Primitive Campsite
- Etoniah Creek State Forest, Putnam County: Green Camp, Iron Bridge Camp Shelter
- Goethe State Forest, Levy County: Tidewater Campground
- Indian Lake State Forest, Marion County: Indian Lake Campground
- Jennings State Forest, Clay County: Bootleggers Campground, Hammock Campground, Dunns Creek Camp Zone, North Fork Black Creek Camp Zone
- John M. Bethea State Forest, Baker County: Maple Set Campground
- Lake George State Forest, Volusia County: River Road Campground
- Lake Wales Ridge State Forest, Polk County: Arbuckle Primitive Campsites, Reedy Creek Campground I, Reedy Creek II Hunt Camp, Walk in the Water Campground, Walk in the Water Primitive Campsites
- Little Big Econ State Forest, Seminole County: East Camp Zone, West Camp Zone
- Matanzas State Forest, St. Johns County: Cedar Creek Campground, Matanzas State Forest Group Camp
- Myakka State Forest, Sarasota County: Flying A Campground, Primitive Campsites
- Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest, Hendry/Collier County: Panther Pond Primitive Campground, Wildcow Primitive Group Camp
- Picayune Strand State Forest, Collier County: Horseshoe Equestrian Group Camp, Horseshoe Primitive Campground, Kirkland Hammock Primitive Campsite
- Ralph E. Simmons State Forest, Nassau County: Group Camp 1, Group Camp 2
- Ross Prairie State Forest, Marion County: Ross Prairie Primitive Campsite
- Seminole State Forest, Lake County: Primitive Campsites, Primitive Group Campsites
- Tiger Bay State Forest, Volusia County: Bennett Field Campground, Bennett Field Group Camp, Tram Road Equestrian Campground
- Twin Rivers State Forest, Suwannee County: Primitive Campsites
- Welaka State Forest, Putnam County: Dorms, Equestrian Campground, Primitive Campsites
- Withlacoochee State Forest, Citrus/Sumter/Hernando County: Annutteliga Hammock Unit Primitive Camp Zone, Buttgenbach Campground at Croom Motorcycle Area, Citrus Tract Primitive Camp Zone Loops B, C, and D, Crooked River Campground, Crooked River Group Camp, Croom Tract Primitive Camp Zone East, Croom Tract Primitive Camp Zone Paddle In, Croom Tract Primitive Camp Zone West, Cypress Glen Campground, Hog Island Campground, Hog Island Youth Group, Camp Holder Mine Campground, Jumper Creek Primitive Camp Zone, Mutual Mine Campground, Mutual Mine Youth Group Camp, Richloam Tract Primitive Camp Zones North, East, and South, River Junction Campground, Silver Lake Campground, Tillis Hill Campground, Two Mile Prairie Tract Bearhead Hammock Primitive Campsites, Two Mile Prairie Tract Oxbow Primitive Camp Zone Paddle I
- Florida Energy and Climate Summit: Set to happen Sept. 4-6 at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, rescheduled for a future date
- State Attorney's Office: Closed Tuesday, Sept. 3 to Wednesday, Sept. 4.