JACKSONVILLE, Fla — The annual Georgia-Florida football matchup at TIAA Bank Field will look a little different this year due to risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Affectionately known as the "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party," one of the most drastic differences this year will be a ban on tailgating in stadium parking lots.
"Tailgating has been a long-standing tradition for the annual Georgia-Florida football game, but due to the current pandemic, tailgating will not be permitted," said the City of Jacksonville in an October press release. "This regulation is a provision of safety and protection."
Fans without tickets to the game are strongly encouraged by the city to stay clear of the Downtown Sports Complex area.
Here's what you need to know if you plan on attending Saturday's game.
- The game will be Saturday, Nov. 7 at 3:30 p.m. at TIAA Bank Field
Parking & Gate Info
- Stadium parking lots will open at 12:30 p.m., gates to TIAA Bank Field will open at 1:30 p.m. and kickoff will be at 3:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive early at TIAA Bank Field
- All 88 gates will be available for entry and there will be new magnetometers in place, enabling fans to walk through carrying their clear bag and leave their cell phone and keys in pockets
- After entering, fans will then proceed to the new self-scan ticket kiosks to have their mobile tickets scanned
- Face coverings that completely cover one’s mouth and nose are required at TIAA Bank Field. Guests will be required to wear face coverings upon entry and throughout the stadium, except when actively eating and drinking.
- Guests failing to adhere to this policy will be subject to disciplinary measures
Increased Safety Measures
- TIAA Bank Field will have over 750 hand-sanitizing stations throughout the lower and upper concourses, plaza and premium spaces
- Physical distancing signage, including directional arrows, queue line spacing indicators and safety reminders have been posted throughout the stadium
- All concession stands and restrooms will be open and all payments inside the stadium will be contactless. Cash will not be accepted for stadium transactions
For more information, visit GAFLjax.com.