LAKELAND, Fla. — UPDATE: Retired Deputy Chief Clarence Grier was found safe at a Wawa in St. Petersburg.
A silver alert has been issued for a Lakeland man.
Clarence Grier, 82, was last seen leaving a residence near W. 8th Street at approximately 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Grier was driving a red Ford F-150 with tag ID49LX, wearing jeans and a black jacket.
Grier is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs approximately 160 pounds.
His family said he suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's. Grier is also a retired deputy chief for the Lakeland Police Department. He worked there for more than 34 years.
If you have any information on Grier's whereabouts, please call 863-834-6900.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hundreds of truckers stranded across the country after company shuts down
- Man found partially eaten by alligator in Polk County died from meth overdose, autopsy shows
- Man serving life sentence in Florida prison pleads guilty to rape in Texas cold case
- Clearwater school could have lost black cemetery on property
- 124 people arrested as a part of Polk sheriff's 'Operation Santa's Naughty List'
- 12 Christmas light displays to see this year around Tampa Bay
FREE 10NEWS APP: