OSPREY, Fla. — One Florida man got a scary surprise when his roommate came home and told him there was an 8-foot alligator under his car.
WWSB said the two men live in the Bay Street condos in Osprey, where there are multiple ponds. The gator is known to roam back and forth between the ponds, but early last week it wandered into the garage and wedged itself under the man's car.
When the man called 911, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office responded and put a jack under the car to get the gator out.
WWSB said it took about 20 minutes to rescue the gator and release him back into his normal habitat.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.