ORLANDO, Fla. — Two months ahead of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening, Disney World has raised the prices for most of its annual passes.
New prices for eight of the nine types of annual passes went into effect Tuesday.
New prices for Disney World annual passes
- Platinum Plus: $999 (previously $849)
- Platinum: $899 (previously $749)
- Gold: $699 (previously $609)
- Silver: $519 (previously $479)
- Theme Park Select: $439 (no price change)
- Weekday Select: $349 (previously $319)
- Epcot After 4: $309 (previously $289)
- Water Parks: $139 (previously $130)
- Water Parks After 2: $89 (previously $79)
Disney World has been increasing annual pass prices and ticket prices for years, so it's no surprise a price hike came before it opens its biggest expansion yet at its Hollywood Studios park.
Disney World also announced this week it would be offering select passholders preview opportunities for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge before it opens August 29.
What other people are reading right now:
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- President Trump threatens to deport millions beginning next week
- Family says man shot and killed by off-duty officer was 'non-aggressive, non-verbal'
- Toddler drowns when grandfather leaves to use the bathroom: deputies
- Jimmy Buffett fan club members reportedly get sick at Dominican Republic resort
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.