MIAMI — Three people were hospitalized while a total of five people were hurt following a shooting inside a mall in South Florida, CBS Miami reports.
Aventura Police first reported the shooting just after 5 p.m. Saturday, saying officers were escorting everyone out of the mall and shutting the mall down.
Police later said three people were injured with non-life-threatening injuries were taken to the hospital. Several people were in custody, being questioned by detectives.
According to CBS Miami, a total of five people had to be treated for injuries. The news outlet reports the shooting happened around 4 p.m. near the Hugo Boss store at the mall.
WSVN says Miami-Dade Fire Rescue reports five people were taken to the hospital and one is a "trauma alert."
WSVN says police are still searching for the shooter. Police say it is not an active shooter situation, according to CBS Miami.
“We heard bang, bang, bang, and they shut the doors. We are grateful to be alive and glad our kids were not here,” one shopper told CBS Miami.
What other people are reading right now:
- You're vaccinated? Here's why you should still wear a mask
- 2 people killed in near head-on crash in Hillsborough County
- Deputies: Pasco teacher threw 8-year-old student across classroom
- Study estimates there have been twice as many COVID deaths as reported
- Relief on the way for Florida’s hardest-hit restaurants
- Your ultimate Mother's Day gift guide
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter