MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Former Democratic gubernatorial nominee Andrew Gillum is set to make a "major announcement" Wednesday.
Gillum lost to Republican Ron DeSantis in the November election.
The former Tallahassee mayor posted a video to Twitter, which includes footage from his gubernatorial campaign and ends with chants of “Bring It Home.”
Gillum’s statewide political action committee, Forward Florida, paid for the video.
Gillum is considered a possible candidate in the crowded Democratic presidential field.
In January, Gillum joined CNN as a political commentator.
A state Ethics Commission will investigate probable cause findings that Gillum accepted illegal gifts during trips to Costa Rica and New York City, which includes a ticket to the Broadway production of “Hamilton.” The hearing is scheduled for April 24. Gillum has denied the allegations.
It’s not clear what’s in store for Gillum after the “major announcement,” which is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET Wednesday at the Smith Conference Center on the campus of Florida Memorial University in Miami Gardens.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida woman accused of shoplifting, masturbating in jail van
- Ex-officer said she was having sex while child was dying in hot patrol car
- Police search for 8-month-old girl missing from Indiana
- Report: Florida prosecutors offer to drop charges against Robert Kraft
- Tyler Perry steps in to help 4 children of slain single mom
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.