First Coast News is following a large amount of breaking news happening overnight including two death investigations, a double shooting, an apartment fire and a harrowing rescue after three people were pulled from a burning home.
Here's what we know.
- Police say they responded to reports of a suspicious person inside a vehicle parked in the area of 26th Street and Boulevard behind a set of apartments. Once JSO arrived at the scene, they found a person dead inside the car.JSO has not released a description of the victim and they have not revealed any information about a suspect or suspects.
- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office responded to a shooting death around 12:30 a.m. in the 3600 block of Clyde drive. When they arrived, they found a man in the front yard of a house dead with gunshot wounds. The identity of the man has not yet been released. There is no suspect in custody.
- Police responded to a shooting on the Westside on Tuesday morning at Courtney Manor Apartments involving two victims, one of whom is 17 years old. Both of the individuals were rushed to a local hospital for treatment and are expected to survive. Police are currently interviewing witnesses.
- The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department responded to an apartment fire early on Tuesday morning in the San Jose area. Crews tweeted around 12:15 a.m. that they were on scene in the 9400 block of San Jose Boulevard. There are still limited details at this time.
- The Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department (JFRD) responded to a house fire on Tuesday morning in NW Jacksonville where they had to rescue two people. Both of the people that were pulled from the home have been rushed to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation. Crews are still working to determine the cause of the fire.