SIESTA KEY, Fla. — A person was bit by a shark Tuesday morning off the coast of Siesta Key.
The Sarasota County Fire Department responded just before 8:30 a.m. to the area of Point of Rocks Circle and Crescent Street to help the person, according to WWSB-TV.
They were taken to Sarasota Memorial Hospital for treatment.
The hospital confirmed to the TV station that a person was brought in for a shark bite but could not provide any more information, citing medical privacy laws.
- Water main break affects Westchase neighborhood, Citrus Park Mall area
- Tampa Police detective suspended, charged with 2 counts tampering with evidence
- Mitch McConnell congratulates Joe Biden as president-elect
- Florida will stay open, Gov. DeSantis says, as White House panel urges strict COVID-19 measures
- Florida's Johnson speaking, calling teammates via FaceTime
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter