JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — JEA released a list of the nine companies included in negotiations to buy the utility Monday. The list is as follows:
- American Public Infrastructure LLC
- American Water Works Company, Inc.
- Duke Energy
- Emera Inc.
- JEA Public Power Partners: A Consortium of Bernhard Capital Partners, Emera Inc., and Suez
- IFM Investors PTY LTD
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets Inc. (MIRA Inc.)
- NextEra Energy
- Respondent A (Respondent did not consent to release of name)
JEA previously said after announcing the top selection, the agency will release records as well as tape recordings of closed-door negotiating sessions.
Some estimates say the sale of JEA could bring in $6 billion to $7 billion to Jacksonville.
MORE ABOUT JEA BIDS