The fire that damaged townhomes in Sawgrass Country Club Tuesday night was caused by an electrical issue, the State Fire Marshal says.

The two-alarm fire broke out on the 70 block of Tifton Way North in Ponte Vedra. Crews arrived around 7:20 p.m. and they found heavy smoke and fire showing on the second story unit and worked to get into the homes and stop the spread of the fire, says Jeremy Robshaw with St. Johns County Fire Rescue.

The fire is believed to have started in the attic on the second floor. The fire spread rapidly through the home's attic and crews immediately worked to put it out.

No injuries were reported, but one person was evaluated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Between eight to 10 units were damaged by either fire, smoke or water.