The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office responded to an attempted carjacking in the Argyle area on Sunday where a man was shot in the back.
According to JSO, around 9:30 p.m. officers were dispatched to the residence located in the Amanda’s Crossing neighborhood in reference to a report that someone had been shot.
Officers arrived to find a 45-year-old male in the road with an apparent gunshot wound to his lower back.
Officers learned that the victim had been performing maintenance on his vehicle in front of his home when he was approached by three or four men who he says attempted to carjack him.
According to the victim, when he attempted to physically pull one of the suspects out of his car another suspect shot him in the lower back from behind.
The victim was transported to an area hospital where he was last listed as being in stable condition.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number, 630-0500, or First Coast Crime Stoppers.
This marks the sixth shooting in Jacksonville over the weekend.
Jacksonville Weekend Shootings
- RELATED: Suspect charged with the murder of Westside woman
- RELATED: Man killed in drive-by shooting in Moncrief neighborhood
- RELATED: Man killed in double shooting in Westside neighborhood
- RELATED: Man shot multiple times at hotel on the Southbank
- RELATED: Man dead, woman hospitalized after Woodstock shooting
- RELATED: Man shot in front of his home during attempted carjacking in the Argyle area