BRUNSWICK, Ga. -- Students around Southeast Georgia will head back to the classrooms over the next several weeks.
The National Retail Federation estimates more than $75 billion will be spent on back-to-school supplies.
A recent study conducted by the retail group showed families with children plan to spend on average of $673.57 on accessories and other school supplies.
“Families are still looking for bargains, but there are signs that they are less worried about the economy than in the past,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said.
In an effort to decrease the financial burden the back-to-school rush posses, Georgia legislators enacted a tax free shopping holiday: CLICK HERE
- Pierce County students return: August 1
- Camden County students return: August 3
- Ware County students return: August 4
- Charlton County students return: August 5
- Brantley County students return: August 8
- Glynn County students return: August 11
Watch back-to-school coverage beginning August 1 on Good Morning Jacksonville starting at 4:30 a.m. on NBC 12.