After years in the making, beloved Jacksonville food truck Catullo's Italian is opening its doors to its first brick-and-mortar location Thursday evening.
The restaurant is located at 1650-2 San Pablo Rd. S. and will open to the public at 5 p.m.
It will serve the popular dishes foodies have come to know and love during their food truck days, like creamy chicken pesto, shrimp rosato, lasagna and fried mozzarella.
Owners Carl Catullo and Dave Catullo will also be offering a newly expanded menu. Though it will include more seafood items, they will be offering guests new Italian dishes like their spiced meatballs with garlic sauce appetizer or Costolette di Maiale con Rigatoni (braised pork ribs with rigatoni) entree.
Their menu will also include beer and wine options.
Don't forget about their authentic Italian desserts! Try their vanilla-filled cannoli, a limoncello-soaked cake called Limoncello Mascarpone Cake, or chocolate and vanilla gelato.
Catullo's Italian will not be serving take-out orders or accept reservations for the first week or two.
Location: 1650-2 San Pablo Rd. S.
Hours: Monday to Thursday at 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., Friday at 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday at 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Closed Sundays.
**Menu subject to change:
- Fried Mozzarella: $8.90
- Spiced Meatballs with Garlic Sauce: $8.90
- Calamari Ripieni: $10.90
- Arancini (Calabrian chili and parmigiano risotto stuffed with tangy, fresh goat cheese, hand rolled into oranges, breaded and fried, served with marinara): $9.90
- Ma's Brushetta: $7.90
- Chicken Capricciosa (like chicken parmeasean): $17.90
- Sausage and Peppers: $15.90
- Shrimp Rosato (jumbo shrimp cooked in rosato sauce and pasta): $19.90
- Lasagna: $15.90
- Creamy Chicken Pesto (sauteed chicken breast cooked in creamy basil pesto sauce and pasta): $17.90
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo (jumbo shrimp cooked in spicy marinara and pasta): $19.90
- Ravioli: $15.90 to $16.90, depending on the sauce (marinara, rosata, alfredo, catullo, sun-dried tomato pesto)
- Sunday Suppa (spaghetti and meatballs): $15.90
- Gnocchi Catullo (potato-filled pasta cooked in sage and chili alfredo): $15.90
- Pasta del Ponente (marinated artichoke hearts, porcini mushrooms, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, white wine): $15.90
- Pear and Goat Cheese Ravioli: $18.90
- Sea Scallop Risotta: $26.90
- Garganelli con cavolfiori, zafferano, e uvetta (cauliflower sauteed in onions, golden raisins, saffron, tomato puree and ricotta, finished with pine nuts and breadcrumbs): $16.90
- Porcini Mushroom Tortelloni (porcini filled tortelloni cooked in beef brother and red wine): $16.90
- Peposo (peppered stewed beef, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, basil): $17.90
- Pasta Carbonara (pan-fried, smoked pancetta): $15.90
- Grouper and Crab Paesano (baked grouper filet in lemon butter sauce, crab meat, parsley, tomatoes): $26.90
- Pappardelle con Vognole Nero (fresh clams cooked with white wine, black garlic, pasta): $21.90
- Rustida della Val Vigezzo (pasta with boiled potatoes, onions, pancetta and rosemary): $15.90