JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — On October 12, 1810, in Munich Germany, Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. Now, 200 years later we are still celebrating their union with Oktoberfest.
What began as a wedding reception has turned into the largest Festival in the world, not just celebrated in Munich, but around the world, including the First Coast.
Here's the most updated list of festivities in our area. We will continue to update the list as new events are announced.
Friday, October 4
Saturday, October 5
- 11 a.m. - 1st Annual Hop Soul Oktoberfest at Brunswick's Hop Soul Brewery. Custom Beer Mugs for purchase, bratwurst & Broichen, Live music and 1/2 of the beer wall will be German-style beer.
- 11 a.m. Oktoberfest at the Beach at Engine 15 Brewing Company. Family-friendly event. Food, Beer, Games, event a bounce house
- Noon Oktoberfest Party at Green Room Brewing *and* Bottlenose Brewing. Green Room tapping Oktoberfest and Punksin Jax beers. Oktoberfest food by Bottlenose Brewing and Jax Brew Bus is running shuttles between the 2 breweries
- Noon - Barns & Brews Oktoberfest at Crooked Rooster Brewery, Macclenny. Family festival with performing acts, food trucks, arts, and crafts vendors, games and activities and of course lots of beer.
- Noon Oktoberfest at Tabula Rasa Brewing. Nothing Bundt Cakes joins the fun, plus the release of a Pumpkin beer, German food, Live music by Travis Harden at 4 pm.
- Oktoberfest at Buchner's Bierhalle Happening all weekend long. Authentic German events and activities.
- 1 p.m. Oktoberfest on Main Street The now-famous Springfield block party on the 1700 block of Main Street. German music, food trucks, local bands, beer, artists and games. Family and dog-friendly event.
- 6 p.m. Oktoberfest at The German Schnitzel Haus
Sunday, October 6:
Saturday, October 12
- 1 p.m. Oktoberfest at Downtown at Engine 15 Downtown taproom and Bier garden. German food, beer releases, games, and even a bounce house
- 6 p.m. CROCtoberfest Brew at the Zoo at the St Augustine Alligator Farm TICKETED EVENT. Includes a sampling glass, animal encounters, live music, beer, and food. $40 and tickets on sale now.
Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13
- Noon - 2019 Beaches Oktoberfest at the Seawalk Pavilion. Toted as Florida's Largest Oktoberfest, a two-day event with three stages of music, 30 plus different types of beer, food trucks, and vendors. There are two levels of VIP experience. G.A. is free.
Saturday, October 19
- 11 a.m.- SmokeToberfest 2019 at Veterans United Craft Brewery. Poker Run, BBQ cookoff and more. Fundraiser for Operation: Cigars for Warriors for the troops in the field, and Wreaths Across America to remember the fallen.
Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27
- Noon - NOCtoberfest 2019 In Nocatee. Two Day event with live music, including headliner Sister Hazel. German cities will be represented, with different selections of German beer. Food trucks, vendors, a kid's zone and a Ferris Wheel. Ticketed event. Tickets include access to the event all weekend, a German stein, a passport that allows you to get a free t-shirt after having a beer at each 'city' and getting your passport stamped.
Follow First Coast Brews on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on all the latest events and beer news. Join our Facebook group, First Coast Brews Rants, Raves, and Reviews to share your opinions and favorites with other beer fans.