JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — On October 12, 1810, in Munich Germany, Crown Prince Ludwig married Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. Now, 200 years later we are still celebrating their union with Oktoberfest.
What began as a wedding reception has turned into the largest Festival in the world, not just celebrated in Munich, but around the world, including the First Coast.
Here's the most updated list of festivities in our area. We will continue to update the list as new events are announced.
Saturday, September 21
- 11 a.m.- 4th Annual Oktoberfest at Wicked Barley Brewing Company. Live music, German food specials, Keepsake mug available for purchase. Oktoberfest games: grain sack toss, stein hoisting, beer-chugging, sausage toss, and a pickle eating contest-sign up the day of the event. Family-friendly. Free Admission.
- Noon Oktoberfest 2019 at Atlantic Beach Brewing Company. Bavarian Hot Dogs and sides, Stein Hoisting contest, music, games and more. Music by Firewater Tent Revival
- 12:30 pm 2nd Annual Mini Swells Harvest Fest at Southern Swells Brewing, with the Mini Bar and the release of 30 Seconds to Marzen
- Noon 2nd Annual Bogtoberfest at Bog Brewing Co. daily through October 6. Kickoff with a German-inspired Brew-B-Que and Beer releases.
- 6 p.m. Oktoberfest at German Schnitzel Haus. German Beer, Food and music out in the Bier garden tent.
Tuesday, September 24
- 6 p.m. - Oktoberfest Beer Tapping Party until 10 pm at Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery. Charity fundraiser with a 50/50 raffle, auction items, Oktoberfest food samples and Live music with Chilly Rhino. Money donated to Childhood Cancer Research by purchasing this beer through October 31.
Friday, September 27
- 11 a.m. Oktoberfest Shenanigans at Culhane's Irish Pub Atlantic Beach. The event runs all weekend long with German food, events, games, Oktoberfest beer and more.
- 4 p.m. - Oktoberfest Pub Crawl with Bottlenose Brewing and Culhane's Irish Pub Southside. German specialties and live music
Saturday, September 28
- 11 a.m. - Oktoberfest at Legacy Ale Works. German beer, food. live music and more. Free admission, however, VIP Experience tickets include a free .5L Beer Stein with free first fill, $1 off additional pours, meal ticket for food by Craft Cuisine and a limited release seasonal beer crowler. FYI your VIP mug is good for discounted pours all month long!
- 11 a.m. Oktoberfest returns to E-Street at European Street Cafe - Riverside. 8 German beers on tap, activities, German Food, live music and more.
- Noon - Amelia Tavern Oktoberfest at Amelia Tavern and Amelia Island Brewing Co. General Admission is free. VIP Access at 11 a.m. Food, Games, Music, and Beer.
- Noon - Oktoberfest at the Brewhouse at Ancient City Brewing Food Truck: Wurstbusters, live music by The Edge, door prizes, beer specials and more.
- Noon - 2nd Annual Oktoberfest at Halpatter Brewing Company Lake City. Food, Beer and more. Details to come.
- Noon Oktoberfest at Bottlenose Brewing More details to come
- 2 p.m. Oktoberfest at Valdosta GA's Georgia Beer Company Specialty beers, food, and live music. All weekend long.
Saturday, October 5
- 11 a.m. - 1st Annual Hop Soul Oktoberfest at Brunswick's Hop Soul Brewery. Custom Beer Mugs for purchase, bratwurst & Broichen, Live music and 1/2 of the beer wall will be German-style beer.
- 11 a.m. Oktoberfest at the Beach at Engine 15 Brewing Company. Family-friendly event. Food, Beer, Games, event a bounce house
- Noon Oktoberfest Party at Green Room Brewing *and* Bottlenose Brewing. Green Room tapping Oktoberfest and Punksin Jax beers. Oktoberfest food by Bottlenose Brewing and Jax Brew Bus is running shuttles between the 2 breweries
- Noon - Barns & Brews Oktoberfest at Crooked Rooster Brewery, Macclenny. Family festival with performing acts, food trucks, arts, and crafts vendors, games and activities and of course lots of beer.
- Noon Oktoberfest at Tabula Rasa Brewing. Nothing Bundt Cakes joins the fun, plus the release of a Pumpkin beer, German food, Live music by Travis Harden at 4 pm.
- 1 p.m. Oktoberfest on Main Street The now-famous Springfield block party on the 1700 block of Main Street. German music, food trucks, local bands, beer, artists and games. Family and dog-friendly event.
Saturday, October 12
- 1 p.m. Oktoberfest at Downtown at Engine 15 Downtown taproom and Bier garden. German food, beer releases, games and even a bounce house
- 6 p.m. CROCtoberfest Brew at the Zoo at the St Augustine Alligator Farm TICKETED EVENT. Includes a sampling glass, animal encounters, live music, beer, and food. $40 and tickets on sale now.
Saturday, October 12 and Sunday, October 13
- Noon - 2019 Beaches Oktoberfest at the Seawalk Pavilion. Toted as Florida's Largest Oktoberfest, a two-day event with three stages of music, 30 plus different types of beer, food trucks, and vendors. There are two levels of the VIP experience. G.A. is free.
Saturday, October 19
- 11 a.m.- SmokeToberfest 2019 at Veterans United Craft Brewery. Poker Run, BBQ cookoff and more. Fundraiser for Operation: Cigars for Warriors for the troops in the field, and Wreaths Across America to remember the fallen.
Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27
- Noon - NOCtoberfest 2019 In Nocatee. Two Day event with live music, including headliner Sister Hazel. German cities will be represented, with different selections of German beer. Food trucks, vendors, a kid's zone and a Ferris Wheel. Ticketed event. Tickets include access to the event all weekend, a German stein, a passport that allows you to get a free t-shirt after having a beer at each 'city' and getting your passport stamped.
Follow First Coast Brews on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on all the latest events and beer news. Join our Facebook group, First Coast Brews Rants, Raves, and Reviews to share your opinions and favorites with other beer fans.