JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — A popular Five Points restaurant known for fresh-baked artisanal breads and meats is expanding to downtown and bringing a slew of other local specialty food, beverage and retail partners along.
The Bread & Board announced Friday it is opening a new location at VyStar Credit Union's headquarters at 100 W. Bay St., with a new concept, Bread & Board Provisions. The new space will include a 2,200 square foot specialty marketplace featuring seven other vendors:
- Good Dough (handmade doughnuts)
- Alewife Craft Beer Bottle Shop
- Bee Friends Farm (Florida raw honey)
- Layered: Cakes & Sweets by Anita Adams
- Martin Coffee (specialty coffee roaster)
- Saturiwa Trading Company (local and seasonal produce)
- Bark Urban Dog Boutique (baked treats for dogs)
Bread & Board co-founder Dwayne Beliakoff described the new marketplace as a "farmers-market bazaar of sorts." He said the concept is being designed as an alternative to a traditional food court.
The new location is set to open this summer, marking the third Bread & Board restaurant, with the second location opening in the spring at the St. Johns Town Center.