Tuesday was the first day that THE PLAYERS Championship (TPC) was open to the public, with golfers participating in practice rounds leading up to the first round of competition on Thursday.
But there is still a ton of fun events happening down in Sawgrass that you can enjoy before the weekend crowds arrive. Here is your Wednesday lineup!
- TPC Caddie Competition in memory of Bruce Edwards
- Wednesday, March 13; all day – 17th hole
The winning caddie will receive all player contributions to the pot, a personalized money clip with their name engraved on it and a designated parking spot in the players parking lot.
This is a great tradition unique to THE PLAYERS and is named to honor Tom Watson’s longtime caddie and friend Bruce Edwards, who passed away in 2004 from ALS or “Lou Gehrig’s Disease.”
- FCA Golf Breakfast with the Pros
- Wednesday, March 13; 7-9:30 a.m. – Sawgrass Marriott
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) has hosted a breakfast at THE PLAYERS Championship for 35+ years as a way to bring the Northeast Florida golf community together with PGA TOUR professionals. Professionals interact with, pray with, and inspire Northeast Florida juniors through stories of what God has done in their personal life and professional career. All local area high school and college golf teams and coaches are invited to attend at no cost. Webb Simpson is the featured speaker and approximately 8-12 PGA TOUR players typically attend the breakfast.
- First-timers press conference
- Wednesday, March 13; 8-10 a.m. – The Perch (scoring area)
Players who are competing in THE PLAYERS for the first time will participate in a one-of-a-kind group press conference. Each first timer sits in a director’s chair while various media members interview him. In addition, Commissioner Monahan will present each first-timer with Tiffany & Co. cufflinks.
RELATED: FCN CRIBS: TPC Sawgrass Edition
- 3:30 p.m. - Dye's Pavilion near the 16th green at The First Tee-Dude Perfect event
- 4 p.m. - Media Center press conference for remarks and Q&A
Gov. Ron DeSantis will also be kicking off a youth event on Wednesday, as well as hold a brief Q&A with credentialed media.
- Autograph signing and food tasting with Si Woo Kim and Ben An
- Wednesday, March 13; 2:30 p.m. – CJ bibigo concession area – Palm Valley Village
Autograph session for fans and bibigo food menu tasting at the new CJ bibigo concession area located within Palm Valley Village.
- Webb Simpson visits Volunteer Village
- Wednesday, March 13; approximately 3:30 p.m. – Volunteer Village
THE PLAYERS 2018 champion Webb Simpson will visit Volunteer Village to personally express his appreciation to the more than 2,000 volunteers who donate their time and energy to producing the PGA TOUR’s flagship event.
RELATED: Kamrel Eppinger tries to putt on GMJ
- Dude Perfect Meet & Greet
- Wednesday, March 13; 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Dude Perfect, a comedy/trick shot group with nearly 40 million YouTube subscribers, will be at THE PLAYERS on Wednesday, March 13, at
3:30 p.m. for a Meet & Greet. Tickets are $10 and do not provide admission into THE PLAYERS Championship, so anyone 18 and older must also have a tournament ticket to enter the grounds on Wednesday.
Children 18 and under must have a Meet & Greet ticket in order to attend the Dude Perfect event. Space is limited. Meet & Greet ticket proceeds will benefit The First Tee of North Florida.
- Tesori Family Foundation All-Star Clinic sponsored by THE PLAYERS
- Wednesday, March 13; 4-5:30 p.m. – Sawgrass Country Club
The Tesori Family Foundation was founded in 2009 by Paul Tesori—former PGA TOUR player and current PGA TOUR caddie for THE PLAYERS 2018 champion Webb Simpson—along with his wife Michelle, to give back to those in need in the Northeast Florida community. I
In early 2014, after the much-anticipated arrival of baby Isaiah, the foundation expanded to give back not only in Paul’s hometown community but throughout the United States, adding specific programming for children with special needs including but not limited to children with Down syndrome.