First Coast News wants to make sure you and your family are prepared for the upcoming hurricane season that runs from June 1 through November 30.
Planning ahead of time will help you stay safe in the event of a storm.
We have compiled a guide of hurricane preparedness safety tips and resources:
- Download the 2014 Hurricane Guide
- Track current hurricanes at the National Hurricane Center
- America's PrepareAthon hurricane materials
- Tips and information about hurricanes from www.ready.gov/hurricanes
- American Red Cross
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Center for Disease Control
- Governor Scott approves a nine-day sales tax holiday on the sale of hurricane preparation supplies
- List: Hurricane names for 2014
Tips of getting ready for the 2014 hurricane season:
How to download the 2014 hurricane guide: