First for you, First Coast News has confirmed the following closures and cancellations due to freezing weather. We will continually update this list online and on air throughout the freeze.
As of 2:30 p.m., no school closings have been announced for Friday, Jan. 31.
CLOSINGS FOR THURSDAY, JAN. 30
- Baker County Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Bradford County Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30. School is scheduled to resume on Friday, Jan 31, 2014.
- Brantley County Schoolswill be closed Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Camden County Schools will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 30 including after school programs and athletic activities. Employees will not report to work.
- Charlton County Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Columbia County Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30. The Columbia County Board of Commissioners offices will be closed Thursday as well.
- Nassau County Schools will be closed Thursday. Schools will be open Friday, Jan. 31 per Dr. Ruis, Superintendent.
- Union County Schools will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Florida Gateway College will be closed Thursday, Jan. 30. The school expects to reopen for its normal class schedule and hours on Friday, Jan. 31.
DELAYS FOR THURSDAY, JAN. 30
Pierce County Schools will be open Thursday, Jan. 30. Elementary schools will begin at 9:30 a.m. and middle and high schools will begin at 10:30 a.m. Buses will begin picking up elementary school students at 8:45 a.m. A second trip will be made by buses to pick up elementary and high school students.
Ware County Schools will be open Thursday, Jan. 30, but starting two hours later. The starting time for each school varies, so there is not a definitive start time for the whole county.
College of Coastal Georgia, including the Camden Center, will be closed until 12 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30. Dining services will operate on a modified schedule The Mariner's Galley will be open from 9:30-10:30 a.m. for breakfast, at 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. for lunch, 2-4 p.m. for late lunch and 5-8 p.m. for dinner. The Dockside Deli locations in both Camden and Brunswick will open at 12 p.m.
- Altamaha Technical College will be closing Tuesday at 5:00 p.m. and will remain closed on Wednesday, Jan. 29. The college will reopen on Thursday unless notified otherwise.
- Brantley County School District is closed Wednesday Jan. 29.
- Camden County Schools are closed Wednesday, Jan. 29. All after school programs and activities for Wednesday are canceled as well.
- Camden County government offices will be closed, Wednesday, Jan. 29. A cold weather shelter will open at the Kingsland First United Methodist Church, WAREHOUSE Youth Building, 210 E. William Avenue at 4 p.m. Tuesday. The shelter will be open until Thursday. Cots, warmers, meals, water and bathrooms will be available.
- Charlton County School District will be closed Wednesday, Jan. 29 for both students and staff. It is anticipated that schools will resume normal operations on Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Glynn County School System is closed Wednesday Jan. 29. All after school activities Tuesday Jan. 28 have been canceled. School will resume Thursday, Jan. 30.
- Garbage and recycling pickup on Wednesday, Jan. 29, is canceled for unincorporated Glynn County, according to the County Board of Commissioners. Pickups will be delayed by one day this week.
- Pierce County School District is closed Wednesday Jan. 29.
- Ware County School System has canceled all extracurricular activities for Tuesday Jan. 28. and is closed Wednesday Jan. 29.
- All public health facilities in Camden, Chatham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, and McIntosh counties will close at 4 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 28. Public health facilities, including Environmental Health offices and CARE Centers, will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
Arrivals, departures at JAX airport affected
Several flights arriving at and leaving from Jacksonville International Airport are canceled or delayed. Check the airport's website and check with your airline to get the latest information on your flight.
First Coast News will update you with the latest closings and travel information online and an air. Crawls from First Coast News on NBC 12 and ABC 25 at the top of every hour. Our travel and closings desk will be featured on every newscast through the freeze.
Do you know of a business, school or road closure? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.