JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Michael Dunn will not get a new trial, at least for the attempted murder convictions. Dunn is facing a possible retrial on the first-degree murder charge. If Dunn is re-tried, he will have a new attorney representing him.
A jury convicted Dunn, 47, last month on four charges related to the November 2012 death of Jordan Davis, 17. Jurors did not reach a verdict on one count of first-degree murder.
On Friday, Judge Russell Healey denied a motion from Dunn's current defense attorney, Cory Strolla, for a new trial on the four charges including three-counts of attempted second degree murder.
Strolla said Monday he will not be representing Dunn in a re-trial. The Florida Times-Union reports Strolla is leaving because Dunn is broke and can no longer pay him.
Strolla did file a motion to delay Dunn's sentencing on the guilty verdicts, but that motion was put on hold until another hearing on Friday. Healey indicated he needed more time to reach a decision.
It's unclear who will represent Dunn moving forward.
There's possible conflict with the public defender's office because it represented witnesses in the case. Another option is a lawyer with the Office of Regional Conflict Counsel.
Authorities said an argument over loud music led to the shooting that killed Davis. Dunn said during his first trial he feared for his life after the teen made verbal threats.
Dunn is scheduled to be back in court March 24 to set a sentencing date. He faces at least 60 years in prison.
First Coast News Anchor Heather Crawford has been in contact with Rebecca Dunn for months, and in partnership with ABC News she is sharing her emotional story. First Coast News
A Jacksonville charter school is finding teachable moments from the recent high-profile Michael Dunn murder trial. First Coast News
A juror in the Michael Dunn trial speaks to ABC News on Nightline and Good Morning America. First Coast News