JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Visit Jacksonville has a new initiative to help showcase all of the wonderful things about the city. It's called #OnlyInJax.
"We developed the concept of #OnlyInJax to showcase the best in the city, the best that Jacksonville has to offer. A lot of people have social media, you go on Instagram, and you see all these beautiful pictures of Jacksonville," says Patty Jimenez with Visit Jacksonville.
It's really easy to get involved in this movement. Visitors and locals can take a picture of something found only in Jacksonville, and by using Instagram, Twitter of Facebook, upload the picture with the hashtag #OnlyinJax.
"We will aggregate them into a list, and after we do that, people can go online and vote for the picture that they like the most. So, once you put your picture in, make sure you tell your friends so they go and vote for it," says Jimenez.
There will be prizes given out. Winners will be announced August 13. The grand prize includes:
· Accommodations for two in Jacksonville
· Gift Card to Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails
· Beer basket from Intuition Ale Works
· Skincare basket from Natural As I Want To Be
· Two tickets to Alhambra Theater and Dining
· Two passes to the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
· Two passes to the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville (MOCA)
· Two passes to the World Golf Hall of Fame IMAX Theater
· Best Bet Poker Party for 20 people
At the end of the contest, all of the pictures will be made into a display inside the visitors center for everyone to enjoy.