14 5 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Update: The victim was identified as 24 year old Joshua Edward Hatcher.

ST. JOHNS, Fla. -- A man working on the roof of a gas station on 210 died after he was electrocuted Wednesday afternoon.

St. Johns County Fire Rescue responded to the TA Travel in the 1660 block of County Road 210 at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, according to Jeremy Robshaw with SJFR.

The unidentified man in his 20s went into cardiac arrest and was transported in critical condition to Baptist South Hospital where he later died.

SJCSO says the victim and another man were working on lighting at the travel center when the victim was shocked.

SJFR asked for ladder truck assistance from Jacksonville Fire and Rescue who also responded. Paramedics were performing CPR on the man as he was being taken away in the rescue vehicle.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office robbery and homicide division is investigating the incident as a medical incident, according to Sgt. Payne with SJSO.

The name of the victim, who was a contractor brought in from outside the area, is being withheld pending notification of the victim's family.

14 5 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Read or Share this story: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/06/25/worker-receives-electric-shock-on-gas-station-roof/11363275/