JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Firefighters responded to an apartment fire in Arlington Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out just before 6 a.m. at Eagles Pointe Apartments located in the 3500 block of Townsend Boulevard, according to Jacksonville Fire Rescue.
Chief General told First Coast News a woman living inside one of the units was alerted by a smoke detector while she was getting ready for work.
The woman opened her front door and noticed smoke in the hallway. She then woke her husband and two children, ages 4 and 18. They were all able to get out of the apartment safely.
When JFRD arrived, they discovered smoke coming out of the eaves. The crews were able to quickly put out the fire.
Officials say the fire may have been due to a faulty water heater or possibly electrical.
No injuries were reported. The State Fire Marshal has been called to investigate.