44 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE
Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The manager of the American Inn hotel alerted officials of a fire in one of the rooms around 2:15 a.m. Tuesday morning.

When St. Johns County Fire Rescue arrived, they discovered smoke in the room, but no fire. Upon investigation, state and local fire officials determined clothing had been intentionally burned.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office arrested one person who could face charges in the incident once the investigation ends.

No one was injured and damage to the room is estimated around $1,000.

Read or Share this story: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/05/27/clothes-on-fire-hotel-room/9617799/