13 5 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. – A fire at a St. Augustine restaurant injured a firefighter responding to the blaze.

The fire broke out at Ned's Southside Kitchen in the 2400 block of U.S. 1 South at 5 a.m., according to St. Johns County Fire Rescue.

The first engine company arrived on scene and reported flames coming from the kitchen exhaust system, heavy smoke was also pouring out the eaves.

Fire crews knocked down the fire in 15 minutes and one firefighter suffered a minor injury battling the blaze.

Ned's Southside Kitchen posted a statement to their website Friday morning after the fire that stated, "We are sorry to report that there was a fire at Ned's early Friday morning. Thankfully no one was on-site! However we will be closed until further notice but will keep you updated as repairs progress! Thank you for all your support, prayers and encouragement. We are grateful to be part of such a wonderful community!"

Read or Share this story: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/03/28/fire-neds-st-augsutine/6999631/