4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Fire and Rescue responded to a massive fire in the 3800 block of Rancho Road Tuesday night.

Officials said a male was inside the home at the time the blaze broke out and was transported to St. Vincent's hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The home was a total loss due to the fire, according to JFRD.

Investigators determined that the fire was due to careless smoking; a towel was ignited by a cigarette.

Read or Share this story: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/03/19/fire-destroys-westside-home/6610593/