SHARECOMMENTMORE

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office responded to a house fire at the 8500 block of New Kings Road early Thursday morning.

According to JSO, the fire was caused by a space heater while a man and woman were asleep.

Investigators said the man woke up and realized the heater had caught a piece of furniture on fire. He ran outside and grabbed a garden hose but when he went back inside he saw that the entire room was in flames.

The man was able to get his wife and one of their dogs out the house.

Once JFRD arrived, they were able to get the couple's other dog out.