JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Are you looking for work? If you are, keep the following story handy.
Like many people, 37-year-old Ty Harris of Jacksonville, has been looking for work.
"Off an on for about a year," Harris explained.
He's been doing freelance work in client and project management, but is looking for something more permanent, which is why he came to a job fair Monday.
He said the job market is tough, which makes it harder to help his family of two children.
"I've gotten a lot of 'You're over qualified,'" Harris said of his year-long job search.
FCN's David Williams asked Harris "What if we told you, we know what the top 5 most in-demand jobs are in Jacksonville?"
To that, Harris responded "I would be impressed and I would inquire what would that be?"
Based on top advertised occupations, according to data prepared by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's Bureau of Labor Market Statistics for October 2013, the top 5 jobs are:
5. Heavy and tractor trailer truck drivers. The average annual wage is $40,360, according to the United States Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics.
4. Supervisors of retail sales workers. The average annual wageis almost $40,910.
3. Retail salespersons. The average annual wageis $25,310.
2. Customer Service Representatives. The average yearly wageis just over $33,110.
1. Registered Nurses. The average annual wageis $67,930.
A WorkSource spokesperson said that all of the hot jobs are connected to industries that are growing fast in Jacksonville.
"I'm definitely going to consider two of them," Harris said. "The retail and the retail supervisor, I believe you said."
So, how do you land one of those hot jobs?
First you have to apply.
Click hereto find a job via WorkSource.
Click here for the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity's job search resources.
Also, Win-Dixie is having a job fair on Tuesday at Florida State College at Jacksonville's downtown campus in the T-140-141. The fair will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They have several positions to fill.