JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Laura, of Jacksonville, told us she desperately needs help.

She told us she is in danger of losing her home and has a host of medical issues. She said she needs housing and medical assistance. First Coast News called around. If you're in this situation, you do have options.

The United States Dept. of Housing and Urban Development has federally subsidized apartments that are income based. Rent could be as low as $25/month.

Also call United Way's 211 for housing and medical assistance.

A spokesperson for the Jacksonville office of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development sent us the following information.

There are various options available via the HUD website. Locally, contact the Jacksonville Housing Authority at (904) 630-3810. Also, below, you will find specific information related to obtaining rental assistance in the State of Florida and Duval County.

Search for a subsidized apartment

Public Housing Agencies in Florida

Links to PHA websites