HOUSTON (ABC News) -- One of three men wounded in a shooting at a Houston college campus has been charged with assault.

Detectives identified the alleged shooter as Carlton Berry, 22, and chargedhim with aggravated assault. Berry remains in the hospital and is being treatedfor a gunshot wound, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Shots were fired on campus of the Lone Star College shortly before 1 p.m. CTTuesday, causing the campus to go into lock down and some students to beevacuated, according to police.

Police have not identified the other man involved in the fight, but he wasalso taken to a hospital.

Alan Bernstein with the Harris County Sheriff's Office told ABC News affiliate KTRK that Berry and the other man involvedin the fight are in police custody at the hospital. Bernstein said criminalcharges are still possible against the unidentified man.

A bystander who was identified as a maintenance man in his 50s was injured bygunfire and also taken to a hospital. The family of the maintenance worker toldthe college that he is expected to make a full recovery, according to KTRK.

A fourth individual, a woman in her mid-50s, suffered from a medicalcondition during the incident and was hospitalized and is in stable condition,the college said Tuesday.

Major Armando Tello of the Harris County Sheriff's Department said Tuesdaythat one of the men involved in the altercation had student identification, butpolice did not specify who.

Police said they received a call at 12:51 p.m. CT that there were shots firedon the campus. When police arrived at 12:53 p.m., there was no longer an "activeshooter situation," they said.

Police immediately apprehended one person of interest and took another intocustody within about 90 minutes. The shooting took place in the center courtyardof the campus between two buildings, according to Richard Carpenter, chancellorof the Lone Star College system.

"I didn't think something like this could happen," Luis Resendiz, a student,told The Associated Press. "You don't think about it happening to you."

Resendiz, 22, said he crouched in the room for about 20 minutes before beingallowed to leave.

The campus reopened about an hour and a half after the gunshots.

When the shots were fired, the school told all students to seek "shelter inplace" in messages and on their website. Officials evacuated some of thestudents from campus buildings.

"We've had three training exercises for faculty and staff on what to do in anevent like this," Richard Carpenter, chancellor of Lone Star College, said.

The shooting comes only a month after the massacre at Sandy Hook elementaryschool in Newtown, Conn., in which 20 students and six staff members were shot,sparking a wave of attempted copycat crimes in states like California andIndiana.

The Connecticut shooting inspired calls from government officials includingPresident Obama for stricter gun control laws.