SHARECOMMENTMORE

A second inquest into the 2011 death of British soul singer AmyWinehouse has again confirmed she died of accidental alcohol poisoning,the Associated Press is reporting.

Acoroner in London on Tuesday recorded a verdict of "death bymisadventure," saying Winehouse, 27, died in her London home in July2011 as a result of alcohol toxicity following a couple of weeks ofabstinence.

Long addicted to drugs and booze, the GrammyAward-winning singer had tried to kick her habits through rehab and hadsucceeded for a period. But she was found dead with empty vodka bottlesscattered around, and her body had a blood-alcohol level five times thelegal driving limit - above the level that can prove fatal.

Testimonyat the inquest suggested Winehouse had suffered respiratory arrestafter consuming so much alcohol; in effect, she had fallen asleep andnever woke up.

The verdict was identical to the verdict of thefirst inquest, conducted shortly after her death. That verdict wasthrown out because the original coroner was found to lack propercredentials. The second inquest began last month.

Winehouse's parents have since started a foundation in her name aimed at helping people kick their drugs and alcohol habits.