JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - After the ball drops in Times Square, the drinks and champagne stop flowing, you may come to the realization that you are about to kick off 2013 in a sorry state.
While there is not an official or scientific cure for a hangover, here's a quick list on how to avoid a potentially miserable January 1, 2013.
- Drink plenty of water, alcohol dehydrates the body, so try to rehydrate.
- Sip your drinks, sippingdrinks slowly to give your body a chance to absorb the alcohol.
- Eat some fatty food, so go ahead and have that bacon cheeseburger tonight!
- Avoid carbonated drinks, doctors say carbonation can increase the absorption of alcohol.
- Take aspirin oribuprofen for headaches, but avoid acetaminophen which can be hard on your liver, a double whammy after a night of boozing.
- Go to bed, most hangovers last eight to 24 hours, try to sleep as much as possible.
- Use your smartphone to record a video message to yourself about how lousy you feel, with details and tell yourself you will never drink again.
The best way to avoid a hangover is to stay away from booze all together, but still have the bacon cheeseburger.