LAKE CITY, Fla. -- Lake City police arrested a former Wendy's employee after victims of an armed robbery positively identified him to police.

Craig Strickland, Public Information Officer for the Lake City Police Department, said two masked black males went into the Wendy's located at 180 S.W. Main Blvd shortly after midnight Tuesday morning.

The two men came into the restaurant while employees were cleaning and restocking.

One of the two masked men, armed with a handgun, ordered two employees into the store's freezer, taking one of their cell phones as he did.

Strickland said the men went to the front of the store where they ordered the other employees to the ground at gunpoint. When one employee refused, Strickland said one of the alleged robbers struck him in the face with the handgun, breaking his nose and several bones in the man's face.

After all the employees complied, the armed man pointed a handgun in the manager's face and said, "Give me all the money or I'm going to kill you."

Both men fled the store on foot through the rear door after taking an undetermined amount of cash and coins.

Strickland said the men left a trail of money as they ran west on S.W. St. Johns Street.

The employees described the men as being two black males, one with a black T-shirt, blue jeans and a camouflage bandana covering his face. The second man was described as wearing a plaid, button-down shirt with a camouflage hood.

During the robbery, Strickland said one of the men pulled the bandana from his face twice, revealing what he looked like to employees.

When he did, the current employees recognized him as a former employee, 26-year-old Kelvin Brown.

Before being interviewed, the Wendy's employees found Brown's Facebook profile and pictures, using them to identify him.

Strickland said officers located Brown at his residence, where he was arrested. At the home, police found other physical evidence to substantiate Brown's involvement in the armed robbery.

Police booked Brown into the Columbia County Detention Center on charges of aggravated battery and armed robbery. He is being held on no bond. Strickland said the investigation is still ongoing and that police are still looking for the second suspect.