Begin steak recipe and marinate steaks (5 minutes)
Prepare coolers through step 1 (5 minutes)
Complete steak recipe and coolers; serve (20 minutes)
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Mesquite Maple Steaks and Vegetables
2 medium red bell peppers
6 oz presliced portabellas
Large zip-top bag
3 tablespoons dry mesquite marinade mix
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup, divided
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as ribeye, strip, or tenderloin)
Quarter bell peppers lengthwise; remove core and seeds.
Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine in bag: marinade mix, oil, and 2 tablespoons syrup; shake to blend. Add steaks, peppers, and mushrooms; seal bag tightly and shake to coat evenly. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Place steaks and peppers on grill; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until steak is 145°F (for medium rare) and peppers are tender. Remove steaks from grill; let stand 5 minutes to rest.
3. Place mushrooms on grill; cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut peppers into bite-size strips. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons syrup over steaks. Serve.
3/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (about 1 1/2 lb)
6 cups cherry lemon-lime soda (chilled)
Thaw limeade until softened.
1. Place watermelon into food processor (or blender); blend until liquefied. Strain watermelon to remove pulp; place juice in pitcher and stir in limeade until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
2. Divide juice evenly into 4 glasses; pour soda over juice. Serve cold.