Thaw cake; prepare pasta recipe and begin to bake (10 minutes)
Prepare bon bons through step 2; place in freezer (20 minutes)
Complete pasta recipe and bon bons; serve (20 minutes)
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Chicken Tortellini Bake
1 (9-oz) package three-cheese tortellini
1 (24-oz) jar vodka pasta sauce
1/2 cup sweet pepper bruschetta topping (or roasted red peppers)
2 large eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1 (6-oz) package refrigerated Italian cheese bread crumb mix
1 lb chicken breast tenders
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss pasta with vodka sauce and bruschetta topping; place in 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Place eggs in shallow bowl; place bread crumb mix in second bowl. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Dip chicken into egg (allowing excess to drip off). Finally, coat chicken with bread crumb mixture; press with fingertips to coat evenly. Arrange chicken on top of pasta (wash hands). Bake 25 minutes.
3. Top pasta with cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until chicken is 165°F and cheese melts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Chop basil; sprinkle over top and serve.
Banana Cake Bon Bons
1/2 of a (20-oz) pound cake, thawed
Nonstick aluminum foil
1 large banana
2 (3.25-oz) cups vanilla pudding
2 (7-oz) containers dipping chocolate
Decorating sprinkles (optional)
Remove cake from packaging and cut in half (reserve remaining half for another use); slice cake thinly. Let stand 10 minutes to thaw. Line baking sheet with foil. (Be sure pan will fit in your freezer.)
1. Mash banana in medium bowl; crumble pound cake and add to banana. Stir in pudding, blending until consistency of soft dough.
2. Roll cake mixture into 1-inch balls (or form with a portion scoop). Place on baking sheet; freeze 10-15 minutes to harden balls.
3. Melt chocolate following package instructions. Dip cake balls into chocolate using two forks; letting excess chocolate drip off. Place balls on baking sheet; immediately top with sprinkles and let chocolate harden. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve. (Makes 24 bon bons.)