Prepare potato recipe and begin to bake (10 minutes)
Prepare pork, complete potatoes; serve (30 minutes)
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Pork Chops and Bacon Caramelized Onion Jam
2 large sweet onions
4 slices thick-cut bacon
4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 1 3/4 lb)
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons dry brown sugar bourbon marinade mix
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup dry sherry wine (or beef broth)
Cut onions, and then bacon, into large 2-inch chunks (wash hands).
1. Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season pork chops on both sides with 1 tablespoon marinade mix. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned and pork is at least 135°F. Remove pork from pan.
2. Place onions and bacon in same pan; cook and stir 7-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onions are tender. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons marinade mix. Reduce heat to medium.
3. Add sherry and pork chops to onion mixture; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds and pork is 145°F (for medium). Serve.
14 oz frozen seasoned potato puffs (1/2 bag)
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in 9-inch-square baking dish; coat top of potatoes with spray. Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
2. Chop parsley; combine with bread crumbs. Stir Alfredo sauce into potato puffs, then top with bread crumb mixture. Bake 5-6 more minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)