Total Time - 45 minutes
- Prepare steaks through step 1; prep vegetables for cooking (10 minutes)
- Cook steak, then cook vegetables (25 minutes)
- Complete relish for steak and serve (10 minutes)
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped, divided
4 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 (24-oz) jar roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (such as NY strip, ribeye, or tenderloin)
Large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
1/2 cup crumbled garlic/herb feta cheese
1 tablespoon balsamic glaze (optional)
- Chop rosemary, garlic, shallots, and roasted peppers.
1. Place garlic, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, and steaks in bag; seal bag and knead to coat. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place steaks in pan (discard bag and marinade); cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until steak is 145 degrees Fahrenheit (for medium rare). Remove steak from pan and let stand 5-10 minutes to rest.
3. Combine vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; stir in peppers, shallots, remaining 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, and cheese. Slice steaks, top with relish, and drizzle with glaze, serve.
Vegetables a la Pesto
1 large zucchini
1 medium yellow squash
1/2 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/2 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons creamy pesto sauce mix
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup seasoned croutons, finely crushed
Large zip-top bag
- Cut both squash into 1/2 inch-thick slices.
- Chop pepper and onion (1/2 cup each).
1. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions and peppers; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini and squash; cook and stir 2 minutes.
2. Whisk pesto mix into milk. Reduce heat on vegetables to medium-low, stir in pesto mixture; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce begins to thicken. Crush croutons (in zip-top bag) and sprinkle over vegetables; serve.