AUBURN -- Auburn football signee and former Camden County star Kalvaraz Bessent is clear of all charges stemming from an arrest last week, his attorney said.
Travis A. Reinhold said "all" charges against Bessent, who was one of four charged with felony possession of more than 20 grams of marijuana, possession with intent to distribute and misdemeanor drug paraphernalia in Nassau County, Fla. during a traffic stop on Feb. 7, have been dropped.
"We had a meeting with the State Attorney's office yesterday in which they permitted me to listen to and view some of the evidence and then there were discussions that led everybody to the agreement that Kalvaraz had absolutely no involvement in the circumstances," Reinhold said.
A Nassau County Sheriff's deputy stopped a 2007 Dodge Charger for speeding at approximately 10 pm. Feb. 7 and upon searching the vehicle, in which Bessent was in the front passenger seat, 340 grams, or roughly 12 ounces, of marijuana, a handgun and a set of scales were seized. All four occupants of the vehicle were charged with two felonies and a misdemeanor and, according to Reinhold, the charges are still pending against the other three young men.
Bessent's father, Timothy, said the family will be "releasing a statement at a later date."
The Nassau County Sheriff's office said nobody would be available to speak about the case until Tuesday.
Bessent was one of 23 players in Auburn's 2014 signing class announced last week. A four-star cornerback prospect out of Camden County (Ga.), Bessent is expected to compete at teh boundary corner spot left vacant by Chris Davis' graduation.