One man single-handedly toured the country trying the most deliciously famous restaurants to create a top 10 list of the nations best new eateries.
Andrew Knowlton, restaurant and drinks editor of Bon Appétit, spent an entire year traveling a total of 26,333 miles across 22 states. The Hot 10 2013: The Best New Restaurants in America is featured in the magazine's September issue.
“The 2013 restaurant scene is being reinvented by a band of young chefs,” Knowlton said. “The results are not only delicious'theyre inspiring.”
1. Alma - Los Angeles, Ca.
2. Saison - San Francisco, Ca.
3. Rolf & Daughters - Nashville, Tenn.
4. Fat Rice - Chicago, Ill.
5. Ava Gene's - Portland, Ore.
6. The Pass & Provisions - Houston, Tx.
7. The Optimist - Atlanta, Ga.
8. Jeffrey's & Josephine House - Austin, Tx.
9. The Whale Wins & Joule - Seattle, Wa.
10. Aska - Brooklyn, N.Y.