JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Landing released its lineup for festivities associated with Georgia-Florida weekend Friday morning.
The Landing will kick off a variety of entertainment for five days, according to a news release. The release said there will be entertainment for fans of all ages on the property.
Selected as one of the stops in the Gridiron Rivalry Tailgate Tour, the Jacksonville Landing is one of ten tailgating events that will be toured this fall, visiting the nation's biggest football games. The tour will feature competitions, interactive games, entertainment, team trivia, prizes, tailgating food and more.
Activities are scheduled to take place both in front of The Landing and in its courtyard.
The full event schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, October 24 - Hooters Hottie Contest at Hooters at The Landing. Event starts at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, October 25 - Hooters Calendar Signing at Hooters at The Landing beginning at 7 p.m. There will also be live music in the courtyard by American Idol's Stephanie Renae and Wreckless. Live music runs from 7 p.m. to midnight.
- Friday, October 26 - Gridiron Rivalry Tour - from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. DJ Capone and Company with host Chris Cantillo in the courtyard from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. The 5x7 Band will play the best funk, rock, soul, blues and dance music from 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. There will also be live music at Fionn McCool's by Braxton Adamson from 5-8 p.m. and Savannah Jack from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday, October 27 - Georgia-Florida Game on the courtyard jumbotron beginning at 3:30 p.m. Gridiron Rivalry Tailgate Tour from 1 p.m. to 2 a.m. DJ Capone and Company with host Chris Cantillo in the courtyard from 7 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Little Green Men will take the stage from 8 p.m. to 1:30 .m. Savannah Jack will once again take the stage at Fionn McCool's from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Sunday, October 28 the Eli Young Band will perform in concert at Mavericks Rock N Honky Tonk starting at 6 p.m.
The release said in addition to the action in the courtyard the Landing's nine restaurants will also be open to serve patrons lunch and dinner.
Once again the Landing will host a Sideline Student Safety Zone located on the first floor near the old Starbucks location next to Village Bread Cafe. The zone is there for anyone requesting assistance during the events. The safety zone will have access to taxis, free trolleys and will have free water, coffee and snacks. Volunteers will also be available to assist visitors needing access to telephone, computers, first aid, cell phone chargers and local maps.
The Student Safety Zone will be open Friday, October 26 from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. and Saturday, October 27 from noon to 3 a.m. For more information on the Sideline Safety Zone visit FLGA.org or call the Sideline Safety Zone hotline at 904-630-SAFE (7233).
For people visiting the Landing Friday and Saturday there will be gates to control access and a $10 charge will be collected. Children 12 and under will be admitted free. Visitors looking to buy lunch Friday afternoon will not have to pay the entry fee.
The Landing prohibits any outside food or beverage, weapons, backpacks, coolers, cans, glass bottles, chairs and Halloween masks (or anything that covers the face). Purses will be subject to search.
First Coast News