JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A 50-year-old man was shocked while painting a building in the north Riverside area.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration stated that they had received a call at around 1:30 p.m. alerting them to the incident on Mccoys Creek Blvd. and when they arrived, JFRD had already responded to the scene.
Police say Anthony Simth was using a cherry picker lift when the top of his head made contact with the power lines and he was shocked. He was taken to a local hospital and as of 3:30 p.m. OSHA did not have an update on his condition.
OSHA's protocol for workers on equipment near power lines is to keep 10 feet of safe distance between themselves and the power lines. If their job requires them to need to be closer to the power lines, OSHA regulations state that the workers are to contact the local electric authority to make arrangements.
This is an ongoing story, stay with First Coast News online and on air for the latest.