House guest put vodka in baby's water bottle

ERIE, Penn. -- A mother claims a house guest is to blame after her baby was found with a nearly fatal blood alcohol level.

Jessica Bachmaier is a single, working mother. She says she came home to find her daughter, 13-month-old Nevaeh, acting strangely.

"Her motor skills weren't there. She wasn't cooperating, she was like a limp noodle," she says.

After taking her to the hospital, she found the child had a blood alcohol level of .289.

For an adult, that's three times the legal limit for driving.

So, how could this happen?

As Bachmaier explained, a male friend was babysitting, while she was at her second shift job.

When she got home, she fed Nevaeh a bottle with formula, milk, and what she thought was water.

It turned out though, that bottle of water was filled with vodka.

Nobody has been charged yet, the police investigation continues as the district attorney is reviewing the case.

Jessica says Nevaeh is okay. She's been treated and released from a Pittsburgh hospital, and has been to the doctor here.

The baby is currently in foster care.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment