With Hurricane Matthew headed our way, counties around the First Coast are pitching in to help make sure everyone stays safe with the oncoming severe weather. We will be updating this list as we find out the locations for sand bags in each county:
- Public Works Department at 1200 Sandpiper Lane East, from 7:30 AM - 5 PM
Free sandbags are available at the public works department for Atlantic Beach residents only (must have ID). Residents must bring their own shovel.
- Paschal Brothers Hardware Company at 1118 Myrtle Ave N, Jacksonville, FL 32204
Sandbags with sand and empty bags available, as well as water and other supplies.
A self-service sand station and sandbags are available during daylight hours at:
- Palm Coast Public Works Yard (1 Wellfield Grade, off U.S. 1 just north of Palm Coast Parkway)
In addition, empty sandbags (but no sand) are available during regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at:
- Palm Coast Community Center (305 Palm Coast Pkwy. NE, corner of Palm Coast Parkway and Club House Drive)
- Palm Coast City Hall (160 Lake Ave.)
- Palm Coast Utility Department (2 Utility Drive)
Then, those empty sandbags can be filled at these two additional self-service sand stations:
- Indian Trails Sports Complex (5455 Belle Terre Pkwy.)
- Seminole Woods Neighborhood Park (350 Sesame Blvd.)
For more information, call Palm Coast Customer Service at 386-986-2360.