Jensen Ackles, left, Ty Olsson and Jared Padalecki star on the CW's 'Supernatural.' The show's writers tell Pop Candy what scares them. (Photo: Warner Brothers )
When your job is to come up with scary things for a living, what scares you?
With Halloween upon us, we reached out to the writers of the CW series Supernatural (with Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki) currently in its eighth season with an all-new episode on tonight at 9:00 p.m. EST.
what we got back via Warner Brothers. We weren't told who was scared
by what, but the participants are: Executive Producer Adam Glass, Co-EP
Ben Edlund, Supervising Producer Andrew Dabb, Co-Producer Robbie
Thompson, Consulting Producer Eugenie Ross-Leming and writer Jenny
And the things that scare them are:
- The Shining
- Stephen King, in general
- Those board paper cutters with the drop down blades
- Sting rays
- The Silence of the Lambs
- Angelica Houston in The Witches
- Large Birds
- Table saws - they are all capable of coming to life on their own...
- Wide open spaces, like the middle of the ocean: water as far as the eye can see
- The song Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath (specifically that bell ringing at the beginning)
- The shot in Alien when Tom Skerritt is in the vents and adjusts his light to find the Alien
- Being murdered by a robot
- Somnambulist politics
- The woods
- Losing the physically near-microscopic and optically invisible puppy placed in my care by the secret masters