The following storm shelters will be available:
Three storm shelters for Clay County will open at 5 p.m. today.
- Keystone Heights Junior/Senior High
- Orange Park High (pet-friendly)
- Lake Asbury Junior High (special needs)
Questions about the storm shelters should be directed to the Clay County Emergency Management Division at (904) 284-7703.
Two shelters are being made available through the American Red Cross in Duval County overnight for anyone who needs them:
- Atlantic Coast High School - 9735 G R Skinner Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Legends Center – 5130 Soutel Drive, Jacksonville Florida 32208
- Hilliard Middle-Senior HS - 1 Flashes Ave, Hilliard Fl, 32046
- Keystone Heights HS - 900 Orchid Rd, Keystone Heights, Fl 32656
- Orange Park High School - 2300 Kingsley Ave, Orange Park, Fl 32073
- Macclenny Elem School - 1 Wildkitten Dr, Macclenny, Fl 32063
- Lake Asbury Junior High School – 2851 Sandridge Rd, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
All you need to do is show up.
City Rescue Mission: Conducting Inclement Weather Shelter on Thursday and Friday. They'll allow people to check in after 4 p.m. and we will not turn anyone away (exception- if they have a No Trespass on someone, this is a legally binding contract and we cannot breach that, therefore that person cannot be allowed to stay). Once they meet bed capacity upstairs then they will make mats out of blankets on the dining room floor for EMS men and for EMS women, they will move the chairs in the Women Center and allow people to sleep on the floor there as well.
For a special needs shelter, you must call 904-630-CITY.
The shelter we are opening is Hilliard Middle-Senior. It will be open at 8 p.m.
A special needs shelter will be opened at Ed Fraser Hospital at 6 p.m. A general population shelter will be opened at Macclenny Elementary school located at 1 Wildkitten Dr at 6 p.m. The Baker County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page will continue to be updated and their 653-HELP (653-4357) helpline as new information becomes available.
St. Johns County
Please call the St. Johns County Emergency Management hotline at 904-824-5550 for non-emergency storm-related information regarding County services, storm response, and events. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911.
(© 2016 WTLV)