14 treated in Jacksonville for carbon monoxide poisoning

Eight hospitalized for Carbon monoxide exposure

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.— Fourteen people had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning during Hurricane Matthew, according to the Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department. 

In one case, eight people were hospitalized after a generator was turned on between two apartment buildings Friday night, authorities say. The incident happened at the Pointe Sienna apartment complex on Powers Avenue.

It is extremely important to remember - for your safety and the safety of others - that you should only ever turn on a generator in a well-ventilated area. Otherwise, you might fatally harm someone you care about. 

The conditions of the victims were not known, first-responders say.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories